Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Scrub and dry potatoes then prick in several places with a fork, place in 450 degree oven, on baking pan, 50-60 minutes, done when feels soft. OR
- Conventional Oven: Place directly on oven rack. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes or until soft when pierced with a fork. OR
- Microwave: Arrange on paper towels. Microwave on high for 5 minutes, turning potato halfway through cooking. Add 5 minutes cooking time for each additional potato. Let stand at least 3 minutes before serving. OR
- Baked sweet potatoes are so rich in texture and flavor that you hardly need to add butter. Just sprinkle them with salt and freshly ground pepper. Or, for variety's sake, top them with some of the mashed potato toppings suggested for mashed sweet potatoes (found elsewhere on site) OR
- Wrapped in foil, shiny side in, for 50-60 minutes, very sweet and moist OR
- Peeled and sliced 1/4" thick, brushed lightly with canola oil and placed on lightly oiled baking sheet at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes.