Sweet Potato Almond Chipotle Soup
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).Line baking sheet with foil. Place whole sweet potatoes on baking sheet. Bake until soft when pierced with a knife (over 1 hour). Let cool. Peel and discard skin and rough chop.
- Heat oil or butter over medium heat in large heavy soup pot. Cook onions 7 minutes stirring often or until translucent.
- Add white wine. When liquid has evaporated, add chipotle and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add ground almonds. Stir. Add sweet potatoes and stir. Add enough cold stock to cover.
- Turn heat up to medium high. Once boiling, reduce, simmer covered for 15 minutes or until soft.
- Remove from heat. Using a hand blender, puree soup until smooth. Stir in maple syrup to taste and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with roasted slivered almonds.
- servings 8-10 cups