Sweet Potato Pie #2
- pre-heat your oven to 400°F
- bake or boil the potatoes with the skin on until a fork or butter knife causes the yams to easily break apart when inserted, cool slightly and mash with a fork, add butter and continue to mix
- add remaining ingredients
- continue mixing until it has a nice smooth consistency
- pour your batter into your favorite unbaked 9 or 10 inch pie shell
- sprinkle a dash of cinnamon on the top and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- (Tip: Brush the edges of your pie shell with ice water to prevent it from burning before the pie is actually done).
- insert a knife in the middle of the pie, and if it comes out clean it's done!
- let cool for at least 1 hour before cutting and serving.