Golden Sweet Potato Brownies (sold at market as muffins)
- Glaze 1 cup icing sugar, 2 tbsp butter, 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°, grease 9" x 13" dish
- 2. Cream together, butter & sugars until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time and stir in vanilla
- 3. Combine flour, baking powder and salt and stir into the batter just until blended. Fold in the shredded sweet potato. Spread the batter evenly in the baking dish.
- 4. Bake 30 min. in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the centre, comes out clean.
- 5. Mix together the glaze ingredients until smooth. Spread over the brownies while they are still warm. They will absorb some of the glaze.
- These brownies are moist, delicious and delicate.